This gluten free Brazilian cheese bread (pão de queijo) is made in a mini-muffin tin. I’ve adapted it to use coconut milk, but it’s not lactose/casein free, as it still has cheese. I use half the batter at a time and store the second half in the refrigerator in the blender container for the next day. They are so delicious that it’s hard to resist eating the whole pan.
- 1/2 cup Silk coconut milk (or regular milk, if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated farmer’s cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place coconut milk, oil, egg, cheese, and salt in a blender. Add tapioca starch.
- Blend until well mixed. Stop to scrape the sides as needed so that there are no dry tapioca bits.
- Pour the batter into ungreased mini muffin tins, filling the cups about 1/2 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.