This gluten free honey rice is the perfect solution for leftover rice. It’s great as dessert or for breakfast the next morning.
- 1 cup cooked long grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3/4 cup coconut milk beverage, not canned (or use regular milk)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine rice, raisins, coconut milk, honey, and butter in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and let simmer for about 10 minutes, until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in lemon juice and cinnamon.