I like to make this gluten free slow cooker cabbage soup when I’m not feeling well. It’s easy to prepare and gives me enough for several meals while I’m not feeling like cooking.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 medium red potato, diced
- 1/2 head (1 1/2 pounds) green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 6 cups gluten free chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and saute for a couple minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and saute for another couple minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Transfer the vegetables to a slow cooker, and add the broth, vinegar, and bay leaves.
- Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves before serving.