I love refried black beans, and I love hassle-free cooking, so this recipe pleases me. I like to make this gluten free black bean dip as dinner, but it would be a great appetizer for a party. Serve it with gluten free corn tortilla chips or raw veggies.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 16-ounce can refried black beans
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese (or cheddar, jack, etc.)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat oil.
- Saute onions and red pepper until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for another minute or so.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for a minute longer.
- Add the refried beans, and cook, stirring, for a few minutes until the beans are soft and heated through and the ingredients are combined.
- Add the olives, sour cream, and lime juice, and stir to combine.
- Pour the bean dip into a bowl and top with the shredded cheese. Serve with gluten free tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.