This gluten free aloo gobi recipe was modified from Manjula’s Kitchen. It’s one of my favorite Indian dishes, and it’s really easy to make.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup water, as needed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- In a small bowl, mix the ginger, coriander, cayenne, turmeric, cumin, and 3 tablespoons of water to make a paste.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add garlic, bay leaves, and red pepper flakes, and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the spice paste, and stir for a minute, until the spices start leaving the oil.
- Add the cauliflower, potatoes, peas, 2 tablespoons water, and salt. Mix well.
- Cover the pan and let cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat, and stir in cilantro.