This easy gluten free red beans and rice recipe had me going back for seconds. While it might be sacrilege to authentic Cajun cooks, the canned beans allow you to serve this in under an hour.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 15-ounce cans red kidney beans (preferably without sugar added), rinsed and drained
- 1 pound gluten free andouille sausage (I use gluten free chorizo.)
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, bell pepper, garlic, and celery for about 5 minutes.
- Process 1 can of the kidney beans in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Add the whole and chopped beans to the vegetables, along with the sausage, tomatoes, oregano, paprika, cayenne, sage, parsley, and hot sauce. Stir to mix.
- Cover and cook for at least 30 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- While the beans cook, prepare the rice.
- Serve the beans over the rice, and listen to this song.