This easy gluten free chocolate cake was adapted from The Peaceful Palate: Fine Vegetarian Cuisine. Eat it plain or top it with your favorite gluten free frosting.
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour (or other gluten free flour mixture)
- 3/4 cup sugar, granulated Splenda, or other sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup cold water
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder in a 9×9-inch baking dish. Stir with a fork until thoroughly mixed.
- Make a well in the center and add the vanilla, oil, vinegar, and water. Stir with a fork until well mixed.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.